Science tells us that young children develop best when they are read to. In this follow-up to Read to Your Baby Every Day, soothe your toddler with retellings of traditional folk tales, fairy tales and fables from around the world paired with images of Chloe Giordano’s charming hand-embroidered illustrations on cloth.
Every tale is the perfect length to read aloud to your toddler before bedtime and carries a message of empathy, friendship and care for the world around us. Bond with your toddler and help them grow as you read to them these timeless stories:
- THE THREE WISHES, Scandinavia
- THE ANT AND THE GRASSHOPPER, Ancient Rom
- BRER RABBIT AND THE WELL, North America
- HOW THE BEAR LOST HIS TAIL, Iroquois
- THE MAGIC PEAR TREE, China
- WHY THE BANANAS BELONG TO THE MONKEY, Brazil
- THE FISHERMAN AND THE GENIE, Syria
- THE STONECUTTER, Japan
- THE RAINBOW SERPENT, Indigenous Australia
- THE CLEVER LITTLE TURTLE, Mexico
- THE SCRUFFY DUCKLING, Denmark
- THE LION AND THE THORN, Ancient Greece
- ANANSI AND THE TURTLE, Caribbean
- KING MIDAS, Ancient Greece
- A BAG FULL OF STORIES, Cambodia
- THE MICE AND THE ELEPHANTS, India
- SNOWFLAKE, THE SNOW CHILD, Russia
- WHY CATS CHASE MICE, Nigeria
- HOW THE WREN BECAME KING OF THE BIRDS, Ireland
- THE FEAST, Mali
Also available in the Stiched Storytime series are Read to Your Baby Every Day, Read to Your Baby Every Night and coming soon is Pray with Your Baby Every Day.
About the Author
Lucy Brownridge is an author and editor of children's books based in London. She writes books for children about history of art, history, animals and science. She has an MA in history of art from the Courtauld Institute of Art and a BA in history of art from the University of Bristol.
Chloe Giordano began to sew in the last year of her illustration degree at the University of the West of England, and since graduating in 2011 she has continued to experiment with freehand embroidery, using sewing thread and hand dyed fabrics to make her work. Read To Your Baby Every Day, Read to Your Toddler Every Day and Read to Your Baby Every Night are illustrated with her hand-embroidered artwork. Her clients include Penguin, Vintage Books, Bloomsbury, Liberty, and the BFI. Originally from Buckinghamshire, she now lives and works in York.
- Publisher : Frances Lincoln Children's Books; Illustrated edition (3 Mar. 2020)
- Language : English
- Hardcover : 64 pages
- Reading age : 1 - 4 years
- Dimensions : 20.45 x 1.65 x 24.77 cm